Thursday, January 26, 2012

Annotated 23rd Psalm for the workplace

Annotated 23rd Psalm for the workplace

The Lord is my real boss, and I shall not want.
Boss – Person in charge; Want – needs, got to have
He gives me peace, when chaos is all around me.
Peace – no worries about the past, present, or future.
He gently reminds me to pray and do all things without murmuring and complaining.
1 Thess 5:16-18 Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
He reminds me that he is my source and not my job.
Hebrews 5:9 And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation
He restores my sanity everyday and guides my decisions that I might honor him in all that I do.
Guide - One who, or that which, directs another in his conduct or course of life
Even though I face absurd amounts of e-mails, system crashes, unrealistic deadlines, budget cutbacks, gossiping co-workers, discriminating supervisors and an aging body that doesn't cooperate every morning, I still will not stop, for He is with me!
Psalm 118:6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
His presence, His peace, and His power will see me through.
He is with us always!
He raises me up, even when they fail to promote me.
Psalm 145:14 The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.
He claims me as His own, even when the company threatens to let me go.
We are His
His Faithfulness and love is better than any bonus check.
Psalm 119:90 Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures.
His retirement plan beats every 401k there is!
Rev 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.
When it's all said and done, I'll be working for Him a whole lot longer and for that, I bless His name.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

בְּרָכָה
ed

No comments:

Post a Comment